Some of the comments reminded me that I wanted to list the stuff I’m watching lately.
- Ugly Betty: Charming, sweet, only feels like “The Devil Wore Prada” for the first two episodes. Favorite new show for me.
- 30 Rock: Hysterical. I laugh out loud at least three times each episode. Tina Fey & Alec Baldwin are unmitigatedly funny and Tracy Morgan reveals himself to be actually funny when not tied to terrible, terrible skits.
- Prison Break: Started the season in high gear, but shifted down a bit for a few episodes. The episode that aired this week was the BEST of the season. Fantastic turn of events. Every episode, even the weaker ones, has me gasping and on the edge of my seat. My weak heart may not be able to take it for too long. Clever chracters, stressful situations. Moves along at a brisk pace.
- House: I don’t even know how to describe why this is so good. It is. Trust me. Best to start from the first season.
- Project Runway on reruns. Love the technical insight into what it takes to design, construct, and fit clothing. Some of these people are amazing.
I just watched the premier episode of Top Chef that I had sitting on the DVR from a few weeks ago. My feelings watching it as contrasted against watching Hell’s Kitchen were comparable to my feelings watching Rock Star: INXS for the first time after watching seasons of American Idol — the difference between people who have been honing their craft for years versus amateurs who are hoping to break into the business is HUGE.