- Baby status: still just loitering about. #
- @MJ Baby Jin made his way out but going home from hospital fri morn. Mom would love 2 stuff u w food. Come anytime b4 11/1 when she leaves in reply to MJ #
- How insurance companies currently treat rape victims: http://bit.ly/N9Pay #
- @SwanL Rock bottom, rock steady… 🙂 I hope you feel better soon! And yes, zee bebeh is here. 🙂 in reply to SwanL #
- Finally at home with the baby. http://twitpic.com/mmyf2 #
- The burrito is read a story by @helava… Can you tell what book? http://twitpic.com/mol00 #
- @westcoastbill That burger looks awesome. Did you also get a milkshake from the milkshake bar? in reply to westcoastbill #
- Gonna try to taper off pain meds with hopes it'll help with trying to lactate. #tmi #
- Started to blog about labor and birth but failed to write anything. Uploaded some pics to flickr though. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- I'm at Best Buy – Emeryville (3700 Mandela Pkwy, Emeryville). http://bit.ly/14j7sv #
- I just unlocked the "Explorer" badge on @foursquare! http://bit.ly/aO48H #
- I'm at Barnes & Noble – Emeryville (5604 Bay Street, Emeryville). http://bit.ly/3t1uA #
- I'm at teacake bake shop (5615 Bay Street, Emeryville). http://bit.ly/1knYd9 #
- Paid some bills, upped our IRA by a teeny bit, automated another bill. Bill paying makes me glaze over. #
- Called hospital & pediatrician with new insurance info. Must update doc tomorrow. Left to do: clean out fridge & 2 dresser drawers. #
- First, make some kimchi jjigae for lunch. Second, noms. Then clean out fridge. Priorities, people. #
- @veraciousjess Followed! in reply to veraciousjess #
- Definitely a good idea. 🙂 RT @luciuskwok: "Work with your friends and make it fun." #
- @abecedary Sounds so tasty! in reply to abecedary #
- I dread the rainy season because no amount of cleaning keeps the floors from being covered on mud daily, thanks to Mobi. #
- *With* mud, I mean. #
- @MJ It's amazing that babies can hold so much in there! in reply to MJ #
- I'm so glad @helava doesn't have to commute in this rain today, as it's a work-from-remote day for him. Rain like this invites accidents. #
- Anyone know of a good general contractor in Oakland who does windows? #
- One week post-due date, there has been the tiniest of progress: 60% effaced, almost 1cm dilated. My body is mocking me. I shall mock it back #
- @SwanL I'm so glad today's patients were better than yesterday's nightmare! in reply to SwanL #
- I'm at SFO Baggage Claim (SFO, San Francisco). http://bit.ly/I4ads #
- Mom has been safely picked up and is now prepping for bed after a very long day. I hope she gets lots of good rest! #
- @hja Are you going down south for work? in reply to hja #
- Poor Mobi. We had shut the dog door last night. He was being extra noisy this morning. Took him out to find he had the runs. Poor guy. #
- Waiting for 3rd non-stress testing. #
- Tests went fine. Stopping for lunch. #
- I'm at Norikonoko (2556 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley). http://bit.ly/3RNKk4 #
- RT @WordAce: Whoa! Word Ace on Attack of the Show! http://bit.ly/3eeO0E along with the actor that plays benjamin linus from Lost!!! #
- @NBB1 I love how Twitter makes us look illiterate. 😀 in reply to NBB1 #
- @WordAce Balonvi! Someone used this nonword the other day in a hand. We speculated it was Bon Jovi + baloney = crazy delicious. 🙂 in reply to WordAce #
- Why would anyone call anyone else at 6am unless it was a dire emergency? And no, there was no emergency. #
- I'm at koreana plaza (2370 Telegraph Ave, 24th, Oakland). http://bit.ly/6TEPZ #
- The top four from the latest Top Chef have been my top four choices from the beginning to take it to the end. Love them! #
- Disgusting. RT @NBB1: RT @nprnews: Interracial Couple Denied Marriage License In La. http://su.pr/1zryAg #
- I'm at beecham thai. #
- I'm at Neecha Thai (2100 Sutter St, at Steiner, San Francisco). http://bit.ly/EOq3d #
- Foursquare is wrong. I'm at neither of those places. #
- @SwanL I must concur. Use the spicy to scare off illness! in reply to SwanL #
- A lot of cocoa butter lotions smell really good, but this one smells like a delicious dessert. I suppose I shouldn't try to eat it though. #
- Calling at 2am is infinitely less acceptable than calling at 6am. #
- @bcaudill Her diatribe would make it all worth while. She is so awesomely wrong. 🙂 in reply to bcaudill #
- My mom is turning into me: http://twitpic.com/lriq6 #
- @AngryChad Those are AKGs I bought like 9 years ago. in reply to AngryChad #
- A truly worthy follow Friday nomination: an East Bay cupcake truck @CupkatesTruck #
- @palomaresque Ew! Haha. in reply to palomaresque #
- @palomaresque Nothing yet. 🙁 in reply to palomaresque #
- @canida I was hoping the pic would show you and Eric doing a hand-off of Corvi while in mid-air. Much disappointment followed. 😀 in reply to canida #
- At final non-stress test. #
- Now that @helava has played The Final Countdown in full for the baby, I expect him to pay attention and get going. You can do it! #
- @NBB1 Bone marrow = delicious. Yum. in reply to NBB1 #
- @SwanL Happy birthday! 🙂 in reply to SwanL #
- Ugly Betty has lost all its charm. Meh. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Just a week and a half ago, I was nervous and wishing the baby would arrive late, because I felt panicked and worried about, well, everything.
In the last week, I’ve come to a place of readiness and waiting (as has Seppo), which has turned to impatience to meet the little guy! Almost every night, I experience what feels like really low-intensity regular contractions about 10-20 minutes apart, which convinces me that I’m in early labor, only to have those contractions go away by morning.
We had two non-stress tests (NST) and amniotic fluid scans last week, and everything seems to be better than fine, so there is no rush to get him out of there. I know this, but this doesn’t stop my impatience! 😀 I have another regular doctor’s appointment on Tuesday and another NST on Wednesday.
I think he knows we don’t have a name yet and is waiting for us to make up our minds. Heh.
I was really stressed out during the middle to the end of this week because it turned out that the insurance company had the wrong identifying info for me. I hadn’t known I could contact our outsourced HR administrator to resolve the problem for me, so I spent several days on the phone trying to get things worked out. It was stressful because the insurance company representative stated some extremely alarming things regarding my coverage (or lack thereof, in their eyes). With Seppo’s assistance and a follow-up by our HR administrator, the issue got straightened out, but it was a stress point that I didn’t want to have to deal with. I wish the insurance company rep hadn’t been so alarming in his statements, which threw me into a panic and an embarrassing breakdown/crying jag.
I really don’t enjoy feeling/looking weak in front of others, especially strangers, especially in a business setting. I hated that it happened that way, but it is hard to discount the role of an overwhelming amount of hormones coursing through the system, as well as all the normal stresses involved with getting ready for a baby.
I’ve been napping on and off throughout the last few days. I haven’t been sleeping well because of the contractions — both the physical feelings of mild contractions and the mental awareness that they are happening — but I think I’ve also been extra tired. I’ve pretty much had the phone going straight to voicemail.
My mom is coming on Tuesday, late at night. When we booked the tickets, I assumed that we’d be home with the baby by then, and Seppo could slip out to pick her up, but now I wonder if the baby will even be born by then. Who knows, really. He’ll arrive when he wants to arrive. He’s not listening to his mom even now; can you imagine when he’s a teenager? :p
We had a cleaning crew come to do a thorough cleaning before the baby comes. They came on Saturday and did an amazing job. I can’t believe how fast and thoroughly they worked. This really helped us get the last bits of organization for the baby done, so we can focus on the big picture instead of worrying about small details. It’s such a load off my mind.
I’m still writing the thank you notes (and looking up people’s addresses) from the baby shower, but at the rate I’m going, I’ll be including pictures of the baby with the thank you notes! 😀 Well, not if the little guy refuses to come out. :p
We’ve been filling our evenings and weekends with a combination of trying to get ready for the baby and going out to do random things that will be harder to do when the baby is here, like eating out or even going to Best Buy. It’s hard not to think, “This will be our last outing before the baby, surely,” only to have the days keep passing.
You might as well come out already. We have prepared a good home for you and we are ready to love you. Well, we already love you, but we want to both be able to hold you and look into your face and find out what you are thinking. I can’t speak for your dad, but I’m not too excited about the changing diapers part, but I’ll do it because I love you. 😀 We’ll show you all sorts of exciting and new things. The world has so much to offer. You’ll get to meet all sorts of wonderful people, like grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and little friends (most of them are bigger than you, but some will be coming after you). It’ll be much better than being inside. I wouldn’t lie to you!
- I don't know why I am staying up reading old posts on our food blog, which has tumbleweed rolling all over it. #
- Between me going on leave and @helava throwing max into the new 401k, our combined paycheck last period was 1% the usual. That's right: 1%! #
- @rachelolimb Good luck! Asher is such a champ. in reply to rachelolimb #
- Insurance coverage is always confusing. Can't tell if the pump is going to be covered under insurance or not. Will have to consult doc. #
- @SwanL That's good advice! in reply to SwanL #
- RT @WordAce: Card Ace, our Texas Hold 'Em game for the Palm Pre is OUT NOW! #
- There is a man teetering at roof height on a ladder, on one leg, using a chainsaw with one hand. Safety fail. #
- Featuring some of the Self Aware Games Team! Congrats! RT @WordAce: Talking about developing on the Pre! http://bit.ly/JYfGt #
- Back from the doc. No dilation whatsoever. Doc has ordered non-stress tests for later this week. Gonna take a nap now. #
- Just lost like $8k in chips in @wordace! Must keep self away from the high stakes tables. Also, maybe I should never go to Vegas. Heh. #
- Washing laundry. Scheduled meeting w temporary cleaning help for post-partum period. Getting non-stress testing today. Lots to do. Oy! #
- Off to my non-stress test. #
- Strapped in, listening to baby's activity. #
- Baby is active. Now down to ultrasound to check fluid levels. #
- Fluid levels are great! Also saw the little dude's face. Much cuter/less skeletal this time around. 😀 #
- Domo is so cute! Almost makes me want to go to 7Eleven. http://tinyurl.com/ya8v6ny #
- @abeldanger Hopefully we'll see the real thing this week! 🙂 in reply to abeldanger #
- @SwanL I'm pretty psyched for this season too. Lots of good talent. in reply to SwanL #
- @hja 🙁 Boo insomnia. I hope you get some uninterrupted rest. in reply to hja #
- Did some light vacuuming while waiting for cleaning service to come & do initial assessment for postpartum help. Futile & back-ouch-afying. #
- Ok, baby. I'm ready. Just come out already. It's crowded in there, isn't it?Just stop trying to evict my ribs. #
- @veraciousjess Can I still find it hilarious that she was drinking from a shot glass? 😀 in reply to veraciousjess #
- @SwanL I had a neoguri earlier. Used only 1/2 the soup base because I felt guilty about the sodium level but couldn't stop the ramyun love. in reply to SwanL #
- RT @Ealasaid: Two thugs jump a pair of transvestites, regret their actions: http://bit.ly/3YXLJL Awesome. #
- RT @bcaudill: .RT @PRFrenchy: House OKs measure to make anti-gay violence a hate crime — latimes.com – http://shar.es/1esDC – good move! #
- Huh. There are two cop cars outside. I wonder what is going on… #
- Spoke to dad. Made me upset. As usual. One day, it won't. #
- My sleeping setup: http://twitpic.com/kujtl #
- @Ryuhi Mmm… chocolate milk. in reply to Ryuhi #
- @bcaudill I actually had managed to go a good 3.5 years with only 3 calls, but sometimes I mess up and answer the call. :-/ in reply to bcaudill #
- @tinagunnarsson Oh, that's just my bed at home. I'm not at the hospital. 🙂 Baby is just lazily hanging around in there. in reply to tinagunnarsson #
- I'm at Bocanova (55 Webster Street, Jack London Square, Oakland). http://bit.ly/4pbGc #
- Insurance fail: My coverage has me listed under the wrong first name AND wrong last name. WTF. #
- @mwilh Heh, yeah. Best part is that they were like, yeah, you'd have been denied coverage if you went into labor earlier this week. Thanks. in reply to mwilh #
- I'm at Fentons (4226 Piedmont Ave, Ridgeway Ave, Oakland). http://bit.ly/KyJs0 #
- @SwanL It sure is! It's a local favorite. Every1 was excited to see it in the movie. My favorite diner is also referenced as a badge. in reply to SwanL #
- @Ryuhi @RobZograph @StephDecker @AngryChad Have fun at paintball! Don't forget the pics at the end of the carnage! 😀 #
- In the middle of my second non-stress test. It's actually quite entertaining to watch the monitor. Such a geek. #
- I'm at Mokka (3075 Telegraph Ave, Dowling, Berkeley). http://bit.ly/17OPb0 #
- @NBB1 Initially misread GF as girlfriend. I thought, wow, what a player. 😀 in reply to NBB1 #
- @NBB1 … who travels back in time. in reply to NBB1 #
- Every time we eat out now, I think to myself, this is probably my last meal out for a while. And I keep being wrong. 🙂 T-Rex BBQ tonight! #
- I'm at T-Rex Barbeque (1300 10th St, Gilman, Berkeley). http://bit.ly/43uEmc #
- Eating like the Flintstones: http://twitpic.com/l2bbl #
- @bcaudill It was! And the sides are killer. in reply to bcaudill #
- The rest of our meal for just three people: http://twitpic.com/l2fwi #
- Watching Old Boy for the first time. WTF?! Ingenious and crazy. #
- @NBB1 I think I have no brain matter left to properly answer you. But definitely watch. Not a matter if gore, though it exists. in reply to NBB1 #
- @NBB1 Not a matter *of* gore. Damn typo. in reply to NBB1 #
- @StephDecker @RobZograph Happy birthdays!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time! #
Powered by Twitter Tools
I wrote last week about parents wishing to provide for their kids what it was that they themselves wanted to have as kids. I posited that for me, perhaps it was ready & early access to books/learning, or maybe it was the freedom to be determine your own path.
But as I sit here, restless yet tired, I think I know what it is that I’m giving to my son.
I’m giving him the best father that I can imagine: Seppo.
Just as a note, it occurs to me that I’ve talked to many people this past week: some people that I talk to often and some that I rarely talk to. And I hope no one that I spoke to thought of the last post as, “Stop calling me, you freak!” I enjoyed every call and every conversation and every wish for luck as friends & family reached out to give me a last minute pep talk. It’s been fantastic and I’ve never felt so loved and well-supported.
And I really, really appreciate it! And enjoyed every minute.
I’m going into hibernation not because I don’t want to talk to you guys, but because I am quite suddenly, as of yesterday, very, very, very tired and sleepy all the time and have been falling asleep randomly (and still have those pesky official calls and last minute things to do around the house).
I’ve read that could be one of the signs of impending labor, so I’m trying to rest up the body as best as I can. 😀 That’s all.
Thanks! I hope no one misunderstood and thought I didn’t want to talk to you. I just need to switch off for a bit.
I just wanted to let people know that I won’t be answering my phone for a little bit, along the lines of several days. No, the baby is not here, and no, I’m not in labor. I’m not on my way to the hospital or anything.
I just realized that I have a decent number of calls I need to make this week still and it is sort of a lot of work to spend a lot of time being “on-call” to my phone, and what I’d like right now is to be able to take a good nap during the day without worrying that I’m going to miss a call.
So feel free to send me email, leave a facebook message, tweet at me, or leave a comment here, but I’d really dig it if calls were kept down to a minimum. I’m just trying to stay sane. 🙂 And don’t be mad if I don’t return your email/message/tweet/etc. for a little while. 😀
Don’t worry; you’ll definitely know when the baby gets here. 😀 Thanks!
Every time I hear that phrase, I think of GOB from Arrested Development and mentally go into “doing cheesy magic” mode. Da da dun dun, da da dun dun dun, da da dun dun, da da dun dun dun dun dun! *cue doves*
But seriously, this is the final countdown. The official due date that my doctor and I have on record is Wednesday, 10/07/2009, and that came from the first ultrasound. The date that came out of the 12? 16? (I no longer remember) week ultrasound was 10/05/2009, but since it was so close to the original due date, the doctor and I never changed the records to reflect this.
So if the baby is “on time” — and no one expects the baby abide by the exact # of days we outside in the normal world are counting — then he’ll arrive sometime between Monday and Wednesday. If he’s a procrastinator like me, then he’ll arrive a bit late.
We’ve been doing some last minute things, like getting vaccinations (me, Seppo, and the dog), arranging for a dog walker for the first few weeks (he’ll be taken for 2.5-3 hour play/swim/hike sessions with other dogs, three times a week to start), buying some last minute stuff (pump, which I haven’t opened yet since I just read that it may be partially covered by my health insurance), borrowing some stuff (bottles, lightweight stroller frame for baby seat), and going to eat at some places we likely won’t be able to go to for a while.
It’s pretty nutty.
I still need to do things like clean up my bedside stand and my side of the room to make room for baby stuff, store away all the things we won’t need for at least a month into the spare room closet, contact the neighbor to ask if they’d recommend their cleaning service to us to have them come in periodically in the first month or so to help out, and just tidying up and trying to get the mind into a calm place in general.
OH WAIT. Then there is the fact that we still do not have a name. 😐 That is definitely more of a priority now than it used to be. Hopefully, we won’t end up naming him Whatshisface. 😀
As for the date, my sister is rooting for 10/6, Seppo’s dad is betting on 10/8, Seppo’s aunt is hoping for her birthday (I think 10/9??), and I’m rooting for Tuesday (10/6) so that we’ll be able to transition seamlessly from Seppo’s work from home day to the scheduled doctor appointment in the afternoon to the hospital and BAM! Heh. Yeah, sure.
I think my mom will be able to come out at the end of next week or the beginning of the week after. I am looking to book a ticket now.
Note: I might as well write this out rather than having it sit around in draft/ghost form, even if I don’t get to go in depth.
I guess this post is brought to you by the letter N. 😀 To be clear, the three topics have very little to do with each other (at least not directly, just vaguely in terms of my current state of thought), and are not meant to present one coherent thesis.
Nesting. I keep hearing about the nesting instinct and how it kicks in as the due date arrives. I wonder though how much of the last minute frenzy of preparation is just the normal reaction to any sort of deadline, versus a specific & distinct biological reaction to a baby coming. It’s kind of fruitless to try to determine any sort of breakdown though, because the end result is last minute prep anyway.
As for me, I’ve been so sleepy this past week that I’ve barely gotten anything done. I’ve done my best to ensure all the bills are up to date and that I’m calling and arranging things that I can from a resting position, but even a short jaunt out with Mobi or to the store leaves me in need of hours of sleep/rest afterward. There are several hours a day when I feel really great! Middle of the day and about an hour or two after meals are two distinct times that I feel like I’m totally fine and can do a lot more. 🙂
Nagging. I don’t remember why I was thinking about nagging. It probably has to do with some late night thought about how I want to interact with our pending child, how I interact with my own mom, and why sometimes this communication goes completely awry, even when both parties have the best intentions. To the best of my ability, this is what I believe happens during what is commonly perceived as “nagging”:
Nagger’s thoughts: I don’t know why I have to remind them again. I told them before. I can’t even tell if they are listening/paying attention. Is this getting through? Did they just forget? How many times do I have to repeat myself before it sticks? How many times do I have to repeat myself before they “hear” it? I am so tired of repeating myself! They should know better!
Naggee’s (yes, I know this is not a word) thoughts: I don’t know why they are telling me again. They already said this a million times. Do they just like to repeat themselves? I already know this and I will do/not do as they say, because I’ve made up my own mind. Maybe if I ignore them, they will see that I have no interest in hearing them repeat themselves and they will stop. They are being so annoying!
I think that the word “nag” is an unfortunate way to categorize and dismiss this type of communication that can happen between parents & kids, spouses, coworkers, etc. I recall when I was in high school, my mom would come into my bedroom every morning and say to me, “Wake up! You are going to be late!” Then she’d tsk and say, “If I didn’t wake you in the mornings, you’d never get to school on time.”
Every morning, I reacted in a very predictable way to this: I got angry or irritated or just hurt, depending on my teenagery mood of the day. Why?
- I felt that I knew exactly how long I take to get ready, much better than she did, and she was asking me to wake up on her schedule, not on my assessment of my schedule. In short, I felt she was robbing me of my right to self-determination.
- I felt that she had a poor idea of me, as a person, believing that I was so irresponsible as to be unable to accomplish a single task like get to school on time without her.
What I now think was going through her head:
- Going to school is the single most important thing for Ei-Nyung right now. The best way I can help her is to get her started on her day.
- I’ve never seen her wake up without my prompting, so it’s clear she needs to be prompted to wake up. When will she learn to get up on her own?
When I think about this with 20/20 hindsight, it’s clear that either one of us could have ended this “nagging” cycle by proposing that for one week, I am left to wake up on my own and see if I am late to school. If I am, then she is justified and I have no business complaining or being hurt. If I am not, then I should be left to wake myself up every morning.
The most frustrating part of it, for my teenage self, is that my desired time to wake up was always only about 5 minutes later than my mom’s internal panic timer for rousing me out of bed. Over those 5 minutes, we had countless pointless arguments and silent treatments over the years, and for no real reason except that we couldn’t quite articulate our positions well enough to each other to break through our habits.
If I had said to her, “Mom, I hear you and I understand you are worried and why you are worried. Let me handle it for a week and see if it works out,” then maybe she would not have felt like she was being ignored, wondering if she was getting through, wondering what I was thinking.
Even for things where I disagreed with her, it would have been better for me to have expressed it than have tried to just ignore her, making her feel unheard & frustrated, like her advice and wisdom were not getting through. Instead, in typical teenager fashion, I ignored her and hoped she would stop and just know she was being “annoying” and “nagging”.
Nurture Shock. Good book. Give it a read. I should probably say more, but I’m running out of steam. It’s along the lines of Malcolm Gladwell’s “Outliers” as far as being readable and exploring certain types of social/behavioral phenomena (raising of children, in this case). Maybe Seppo or Mack, who have also read it, will have something interesting to add about it. 🙂
- I'm at Lucky & Lucky Restaurant (1116 Franklin Street, Oakland). http://bit.ly/18G1qT #
- @veraciousjess So bummed to have missed it. Seppo did all the work and I fell asleep. 🙁 in reply to veraciousjess #
- @bcaudill I loved that movie! in reply to bcaudill #
- @aaa Happy birthday! 🙂 in reply to aaa #
- One week (or one week and two days, depending on which date I use) left until due date. Baby could be here at literally any moment now. :O #
- One hour massage followed by phone call with best friend. Yay! #
- What a beautiful day. So nice after last week's stifling heat. #
- @so_yun Due either Monday or Wednesday, depending on how you count it. 🙂 Feeling like a whale! in reply to so_yun #
- @so_yun Next week! 🙂 in reply to so_yun #
- An interview with @helava: RT @WordAce: An interview on the development of Word Ace on Palm's developer blog! http://bit.ly/9914a #
- @so_yun I love This American Life. I hadn't listened to that episode yet, but it sounds like a good one! in reply to so_yun #
- The walk that used to take Mobi and me 10 minutes now takes close to 30 minutes to complete. Yikes! #
- I'm at Trader Joe's Oakland-Lakeshore (3250 Lakeshore Ave, Lake Park, Oakland). http://bit.ly/gn6FQ #
- @AngryChad I keep expecting to see photos of my dog, Mobi. 🙂 in reply to AngryChad #
- Just finished the last of the birth classes. Glad to have our evenings free again, if only for a very, very short time. 😀 #
- Crappy night of sleep counting frequent yet irregular & painless contractions. They are not getting more intense/regular, so not in labor. #
- Korean comfort food for lunch: rice & fried eggs sprinkled with some soy sauce and sesame oil, accompanied by some seaweed. #
- Play it now! Hold 'em + Scrabble-like play! RT @WordAce: Word Ace on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/ye25ucx #
- Yes, you can. 🙂 RT @MJ: Tomorrow is 10.1 (lol) Talk like a Lolcat day!!! I can has retweets? #
- Despite all the "practice" contractions yesterday, doctor confirmed there is no dilation. Somewhat disappointing. #
- @canida Awesome! Alternating between crying and laughing is a particular talent for kids, if kids in my family are any indication. 🙂 in reply to canida #
- Unreasonably upset from reading a letter. #
- Maybe I'll try to make some authentic Philly cheesesteaks this week. Hmm. #
- @abeldanger @patrick_ellis @rachelolimb Ooh, pics! Wish I was there! in reply to abeldanger #
- Finally finished BSG. Rather unsatisfying. #
- Will be trying to get a flu shot at the local Walgreens today. Will try CVS/Longs after that if it is too crowded or something. #
- @JustPete74 Agreed. The wrap ups were both too tidy and not at all tidy at the same time. Frustrating. in reply to JustPete74 #
- What?! RT @StephDecker: This pisses me off. Come on Dems, stop being such pansies. Abstinence only funding, really!? http://bit.ly/e5aub #
- I feel like I had a decent amount of energy last week, but this week, it's all gone. #
- Time to eat lunch. Better late than never! Then off to track down a flu shot. #
- Ha! Made of awesome. RT @luciuskwok: Bwitter: like Twitter, except you're only allowed to be angry. Or be from Philly. #
- At Walgreen's, waiting for merc- & preservative-free flu shot. There is an older woman in line with boxes of latex gloves & diet coke. ??? #
- Foursquare keeps checking me in at the wrong places. At least it'll help foil my stalkers. #
- I just unlocked the "Local" badge on @foursquare! http://bit.ly/Wc9FM #
- @SwanL So very MacGuyver of you. Did you sport a glorious mullet in tribute? 🙂 in reply to SwanL #
- @SwanL Maybe so! I'm amazed by your ability to be in two states at once. Not that I can verify your supposed AZ presence… Hmm… in reply to SwanL #
- Any opinions on the geotagging capabilities of the Eye-fi SD cards? I am thinking of getting one that geotags and uploads videos. #
- Played WordAce on iPhone earlier in the evening w a really fun group of strangers, played more just now on Facebook w @helava & friend. 🙂 #
- Just made a reservation for Commis http://www.commisrestaurant.com/ for tomorrow night. The chef was Chef de Cuisine at Manresa! Can't wait! #
- @RobZograph @helava has that shirt. 🙂 in reply to RobZograph #
- @aaa Not yet. They say it'll become available this coming week, they think. in reply to aaa #
- I believe I've just taken Mobi on my last possible daily walk for a long time. Took 35 min to go ~0.7miles, which equals 1.2 mph. #
- Just made contact w a dog walker who might be able to help us the first few weeks after the baby arrives. Hoping the consultation goes well! #
- @SwanL We have a treadmill that my dog is deathly terrified of. Heh. He's such a wimp! 😀 in reply to SwanL #
- @helava What time? You can go after dinner. 🙂 in reply to helava #
- Afternoon nap foiled by it being just too too too hot. I can't wait until mild weather stops affecting me like it's blazing summer heat. #
- The baby is staging his prison break, as far as I can tell: http://twitvid.com/2D887 #
- Agreed with @helava that Commis was awesome. We are going back tomorrow. So great to have a restaurant of that caliber so close by. #
- @westcoastbill For real? I can't tell if you ate joking. And for the record, no, I would not buy her book. 🙂 in reply to westcoastbill #
- Happy Chuseok to my Korean and Korean American friends! #
- @luciuskwok Sounds like a perfect evening. 🙂 in reply to luciuskwok #
Powered by Twitter Tools