- Power outage. Must be the rains and the lines down on Lakeshore. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- Voted! #
- @AngryChad Huh. I've definitely awarded you points from my end. in reply to AngryChad #
- I'm officially punting #NaNoWriMo until December. Worked the first year I did it… #
- I checked in at Ramen Dojo (805 South B Street) on #Yelp http://bit.ly/bPNf2V #
- You'll end up with a different guy than the you are weeping over now and he is AWESOME! #tweetyour16yearoldself #
- You'll still feel like a kid 20 years later, but you'll have more money and you won't have to ask permission. #tweetyour16yearoldself #
- It gets better. Really. #itgetsbetter #tweetyour16yearoldself #
- @AngryChad I'd recommend deleting then reinstalling. in reply to AngryChad #
- @NBB1 I think on each round, everyone gets a turn to draw. in reply to NBB1 #
- I hope you had two. 🙂 #
- All 9 to 12 month old clothing should have kneepads built it. Baby's knees are so red! #
- @NBB1 I think that just means the network is unreachable. Might want to stop the app then restart it to force a fresh connection. in reply to NBB1 #
- We just got a game that @bcaudill MUST come over to play. Dance Central using motion detection on Kinect for the xbox360. OMGAWESOME! #
- Losing my voice for the second time in four months. Huh. #
- RT @BreakingNews: MSNBC anchor Olbermann suspended indefinitely wo pay for political contributions to 3 Democrats http://politi.co/cbOJa4 #
- @bcaudill No, but @helava and I looked like total buffoons while having a great time! I could only look that stupid among friends. in reply to bcaudill #
- This cold has me ridiculously drowsy, which is difficult to deal with, as *I* am the adult and the baby is the baby. :p Maybe he'll swap. 🙂 #
- On a happy note, fleck.com has launched! Go! Go play now! Plant & fight in your neighborhood before someone else takes over your area. #
- @helava Thinking we should qr code the screencaps. in reply to helava #
- Ordered food to go from Lin Jia Asian Kitchen, which opened yesterday where L'Amyx used to be. Will report back later tonight. #
- Read that Flip Side (which is replacing Adam's Burgers) is going to be a gourmet burger joint w meat ground on site w front outdoor seating. #
- Also, Flip Side is owned by the same people as Flavors of India, which bodes well for high quality, delicious food potential. Can't wait! #
- @AngryChad Don't know if @helava has mentioned it but we have to figure out safe transport before sending the present to you & @StephDecker. in reply to AngryChad #
- @AngryChad Soon though! in reply to AngryChad #
- Our neighbor gave us these delicious, tiny apples. Guess who loves to eat them with cheese? Now he just needs to add prosciutto to the mix. #
- Caught in the act, eating an apple on his own: http://flic.kr/p/8R7vC7 #
- As soon as the baby falls asleep, I'm gonna nyquil myself up and hit the sack. #
- @alforque Having worked on calendaring software for over 6 years, daylight savings change is nontrivial, esp when the date keeps changing. in reply to alforque #
- @NBB1 "You don't have to kiss another dude, but it's their business if other people do. And grow up." in reply to NBB1 #
- @NBB1 "I bet you said the same thing the first time you found out about hetero sex." in reply to NBB1 #
- @NBB1 I love the replays. So easy to forget it is recording you! Ha! in reply to NBB1 #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- @bcaudill Aaaaaaand it's raining. in reply to bcaudill #
- @generalist YES. in reply to generalist #
- @westcoastbill You missed a great photobomb op. Next time: mooning in the background. in reply to westcoastbill #
- Via @citymama http://bit.ly/daKNKi @glennia's post on being mom of a boy. Perfect timing for me as baby turning one causes me to reflect. #
- Love starting new projects. Hate excitement-induced insomnia. Oh life, how LOLy you are. #
- @AngryChad Is that weird?? in reply to AngryChad #
- @selfawaregames One can only hope. in reply to selfawaregames #
- @MJ Sorry to hear that. I hope for good news soon. in reply to MJ #
- I checked in at Golden Gate Fields Racetrack (1100 Eastshore Hwy) on #Yelp http://bit.ly/bfRAGP #
- Getting a pedi at work as a perk. Weird, but awedome! #
- Er… Awesome. What exactly is an "awedome"? #
- Little man is back to two naps a day. I hope this trend holds! 😀 He was starting to look haggard by midday when he was only doing one. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Our little man turned one this week. WOW! I can’t believe just how wonderful he is, and just how much I am in love with everything he does. I was just going to write “except how early he wakes up,” but even then, he’s so full of curiosity and eager get-go that I can’t help but love that too about him. 🙂
This year has been the rollercoaster that everyone talks about. Every word was true. Yes, we are always tired. No, we have no idea how we used to squander our precious “extra” time that we no longer have. Yes, it’s all worth it when he smiles.
But you know, nothing anyone ever said really quite… clicked. Nothing they had said made me understand just how awe-inspiring being his parent was going to be. So many times, I cradled him to me while he slept, just smelling the top of his head and wondering how could he be so perfect?
I remember the first crazy days in the hospital. He lay there, swaddled up tight with his silly hospital hat, and I couldn’t believe he was finally here. We were so tired, but even as we were falling sleep on our feet, we fought off sleep to just take one more look at him, to hold him one more time, to touch his little ears and nose and fingers, because we couldn’t get enough. He was finally out and I just wanted to hold him all the time.
I remember seeing his fingers and toes, and how much his toenails looked like Seppo’s. His nails were so thin that the tips would bend at the slightest touch and break off like bits of tissue paper. His eyebrow line already looked like his dad’s. His tiny nose was so tiny it was hard to tell whose it more resembled. 🙂 The little part between the nose and the mouth looked like Seppo too. Seppo said he looked just like me. Regardless, he was 100% ours and a marvel to behold.
There were times the nurses found us in the hospital room, weeping because we were so overwhelmed. We were tired and didn’t know what to do to comfort our tiny, vulnerable, helpless baby, and that in turn made us feel helpless. We wanted to do our very best for our little one, but we found we had no confidence, only heart.
We brought him home. We had help but it was still hard to learn his cues, so figure out when he wanted food, when he needed to be changed, and when he wanted just to be held. Slowly, we figured it out. As we did, we could see how he was changing, and how fast!
At first, he just started to keep his eyes open more. Then he started to stare intently at specific things, so much so that his little brows would crinkle down. He couldn’t hold his neck up yet, or really turn on his own very well, so he’d stare out sideways sometimes. 🙂
And fast forward a year, and he’s almost walking! He’s vocal, he has wants, he has a ridiculously silly sense of humor, he is curious about everything, he is fiercely independent and goal-oriented, he strives and reaches and goes. Always, he is going.
Everyday that I am with him, he fills me with laughter and joy at his weird, silly, funny, persistent self. He experiments over and over with things to see how they behave. Will this ball bounce the same as the block? Will this spoon make the same sound as this train?
He loves his rattles and xylophones and drums. He loves music, unexpected things, inside jokes, being totally nude. Oh yes, he giggles and crawls away as fast as he can when you take his clothes off to change him or give him a bath. He’s a sneaky one! He loves the wind in his face from whatever source and the rainbow-colored pinwheels at his daycare, so much so that I got a couple to put outside his window for him. He stops his play to stand up and peek out the window, waving when the pinwheels spin.
I… Seriously, this post could go on and on. I could write a whole NaNoWriMo’s worth (50,000 words) of the ways he is amazing and the ways we love him. I wish I could capture every moment perfectly, so that he can know the ways he’s changed us and made our lives infinitely better. If he ever reads this as an adult, I hope he’ll know just how much we love him and how much we love being his mommy and daddy.
I can’t even imagine what next year will bring, little one. I look forward to every minute.
I have to end with this ridiculously adorable outfit from our friends UCDV that Seppo dressed him in:
- @StephDecker @AngryChad Congratulations! #
- Baby took 3 steps!!!!!!! #
- I am so bad about keeping up #fleck http://twitpic.com/2whr6q #
- @RobZograph I love that song so much. Was it @AngryChad and @StephDecker's first dance song? in reply to RobZograph #
- @RobZograph Love it. So beautiful. in reply to RobZograph #
- @bcaudill We had taken Alaskan Air but that was three years ago… in reply to bcaudill #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Yes, our little man is almost a year old. WHAT A YEAR. WHAT? I’M YELLING, YOU SAY?
Ahem. Sorry about that. It was just so exciting. I was trying to keep from getting choked up by becoming intensely loud. What a year. What a baby. What a husband. What a crazy life. 🙂
“Stuff baby does” update (I’ll upload videos and pics in a later post as it’s late at night and I need to hit the sack):
- He is a daredevil, our little one. Back in August, he mastered the Â “flop face first into the bed by letting his hands slide out from under him, using a slippery boardbook to facilitate” maneuver. He would intentionally flop then giggle. Then sometime in the last few weeks, he mastered the art of “standing up on our bed, holding the rails of his crib, then throwing himself dramatically backwards then giggling like mad”, which scared the pants off me the first few times I saw it. It still makes me nervous that he’ll try to do this somewhere not on the bed, but so far, he’s been keeping his crazy shenanigans to the bed.
- He eats everything and nothing. If I’m eating it, he wants some. But not enough to fill his little belly. If I make something for him, he doesn’t want it if there are too many components (either flavor or textures) at once. Mix in some chunky bits in yogurt and he spits it out, but let him bite into his own pear/cheese/bagel/whatever or give him pureed fruit in that yogurt, and he chomps down with no problems.
- He has acquired the ability to say his M’s which thrills me to no end. 🙂 He’s had his D’s for a while now. I often hear him say, “Mamamamamamama umma mamammama umma.” Umma is Korean for mommy so I love this, even though it’s clear he’s not actually associating the sound w/ me yet.
- He took his first steps this week! I think he might actually try to walk before his first birthday. I tell him there is no rush, that he can go at his own speed. But he sure is trying hard! 🙂 I have a video of his wobbling for 1.5 steps that i’ll upload later.
- He’s learned to drink from sippy cups and somewhat from real cups. 😀 His favorite drinking vessels are his straw sippy cup and my sports bottle.
- He loves the drums! Everyday, he crawls over to the Rockband drumkit and grabs the sticks to bang against the heads. If you lift him onto the stool, he loves it because he can reach the high hat. 🙂
- He tries to kiss us by opening his big slobbery mouth and eat our nose/mouth. It’s wonderful and gross. Really wonderful, but really gross. Hahahahaa.
- His wave hello and good-bye transformed from a really aggressive “chop chop chop” motion (imagine you are using your open hand to chop down at a 45 degree angle into someone neck, and you’ve got the right idea) to a really floppy one. It’s interesting because I think he’s experimenting with his various joints and how he can create different kinds of motion.
- He claps when you say “jjak jjak jjak” (or maybe “chak chak chak”? — onomatopoetic word for clap), points his index finger into the open palm of his other hand when you say “gonji gonji gonji” (might actually be “kwon/gwun ji” meaning “hand” and “finger”), shakes his head when you say “dori dori dori” (means “turn”), and bops his head with his hands when you say “dol dol dol” (hilariously, this means “rock” which implies your head is full of rocks!).
There is so much more, but I need to hit the sack!
- Got news my maternal grandma is in critical condition. She's on life support and in a coma. I love her so much. Wish she had met the baby… #
- Mom is headed to Korea. Am hoping grandma will be able to see her and be comforted. I love you, halmoni, my ì¢‹ì€ í• ë¨¸ë‹ˆ. #
- Wuh? RT @mwilh: Justin Bieber: "I'm the Cobain of my generation." … I just… I can't… I don't have any more rage left for this kid. #
- Bleh. #
- @RobZograph Thanks for the plug! in reply to RobZograph #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- @aaa Ah crap, I forgot to water today. #fleck in reply to aaa #
- Arg! I let them die!!!! #fleck http://twitpic.com/2jq422 #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- @NBB1 Better throngs of people than thongs of people. in reply to NBB1 #
- Oy, I almost let my plants die. #fleck http://twitpic.com/2hih9b #
- Eeek! Some plants died! 🙁 I will have to replant… #fleck http://twitpic.com/2hiqgn #
- Watering the virtual WTC memorial. #fleck http://twitpic.com/2his8v #
- Looking for a babysitter for 9/4 evening as our usual babysitter can't do that night. Any kind souls willing to feed & help baby sleep? Heh. #
- Tossing and turning, cursing myself for the copious amounts of ice tea consumed during lunch. #
- Oops, almost forgot to water the plants today. #fleck http://twitpic.com/2hv650 #
- Is it weird to start out the day with a little oatmeal and a GINORMOUS stein of… water? Because that's my breakfast. Sneaking in #fleck. #
- @bcaudill All of @helava's factoids about you are R-rated. What?! Hahaha! in reply to bcaudill #
- This morning feels great due to @helava's babycaring and a little U2 and Radiohead. #
- @Ryuhi ?? Evo should be multitasking. Hold down the home button and backgrounded apps should come up. in reply to Ryuhi #
- @bcaudill There's a fixer on sale one block from ours for $460k if you are up for it. in reply to bcaudill #
- @Ryuhi What's your name in fleck? in reply to Ryuhi #
- @Ryuhi Awesome! Friend request has been sent. I'm gonna visit your area. #fleck in reply to Ryuhi #
- @RobZograph You mean after it stores the first time it crops? If so, that's a bug. I'll fix it soon. My apologies! in reply to RobZograph #
- @Ryuhi I can't seem to find your garden. I went to Detroit and Royal Oak and don't see one. 🙁 in reply to Ryuhi #
- @AngryChad Where did you go? in reply to AngryChad #
- I feel like I've forgotten to do something… Hmm… #fleck #
- @aaa Ooh, I better get mine too. #fleck in reply to aaa #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- @Ryuhi I'm so glad to hear he's ok. That's a terrifying, enraging thing to happen. I hope she gets her license taken away at the very least. in reply to Ryuhi #
- Time to make the donuts… I mean water my plants in #fleck. 😀 #
- @fleadh Nice! What car? in reply to fleadh #
- @FleckSprinkler I… don't know why you want me to copy that. Confounded. in reply to FleckSprinkler #
- Really have no idea what to have for dinner today. #
- My watering run of the day for #fleck. #
- @SwanL #w00tstock sounds fun and is coming to my area! Wish I could go. #
- My good deed for the day. 🙂 #fleck http://twitpic.com/2fnipe #
- I got tired of watering Bulldog's plants by hand… #fleck http://twitpic.com/2fntd9 #
- My Twifficiency score is 43%. Whats yours? http://twifficiency.com/ #
- @RobZograph Let me know if you see crashes. Better yet, report the crash through the crash ui and I'll be able to see it. in reply to RobZograph #
- Creating a more colorful Philly… #fleck http://twitpic.com/2fsldo #
- @westcoastbill You got me for a second there! I was like… really?! Haha! in reply to westcoastbill #
- @AngryChad That's built into the OS. :p Call Google to complain. in reply to AngryChad #
- Did the recent twitter // comment convention arise from coding comment convention? #
- @RobZograph Thanks. So sorry for the crashes. I'm working on fixing them. I know they are painful. Two already? Sigh. in reply to RobZograph #
- The air is clear and my shoulders feel lighter. Great day. 😀 #
- @NBB1 Need me to water your plants? 🙂 in reply to NBB1 #
- New baby trick: putting hand on board book while in crawling position & purposely letting it slip away from under him, flopping face first. #
- Clarification: flopping face first into a pile of pillows on the bed. He did this nonstop for 30min tonight, delighted grin on his face. #
- Sometimes I miss my glasses. They seemed to fit my personality better than my post-LASIK bare face. #
- There should be a new phone in the Droid series called Droidian Slip. Wait, no, there really shouldn't. #
- @bcaudill Woohoo!!! I hope you have a great time! Can't wait to see your review. in reply to bcaudill #
- Finally set up some sprinklers for my old hometown. #fleck http://twitpic.com/2gjjm1 #
- Must water my #fleck plants! #
Powered by Twitter Tools